SARIO has become a part of the Slovak Space Office – a joint project with the Ministry of Education, Science, Research, and Sports of the Slovak Republic.
The Slovak Space Office consists of two components. The Ministry of Education will be responsible for inter-ministerial political coordination and multilateral international cooperation (European Space Agency – ESA, EU, UN). SARIO will cover the implementation part of the agenda, especially developing the space ecosystem, local and international partnerships.
The competencies of the of the Space Office Industry Branch include:
– development of international cooperation in the space industry,
– support of Slovak entrepreneurs, research and development organizations in integrating into European industrial structures and participating in EU and ESA space projects,
– supporting the entry of new companies into the space sector,
– promoting cooperation between the universities and business,
– information and popularization activities and organization of events for the professionals and general public